Visiting Fellows Programme
BACT offers scholars the opportunity to visit our research group for a short research stay. We offer an exciting environment for multidisciplinary legal research and we enjoy the exchange of thoughts and ideas with academics having research interests similar to ours.
- The Programme for Visiting Fellows is open to all academic staff – professors, PhD candidates, postdocs, research fellows, and so on – from any country. Obviously, the fellow’s research interests and activities during the visit should be relevant for the BACT research programme.
- The fellow commits to presenting his/her research at one of the BACT seminars and to participating in our academic gatherings.
- Note that BACT is not in the position to fund your accommodation in Rotterdam, but we will help you with arranging your accommodation. We advise you to make your own arrangements for travel, health, and liability insurance.
- If you consider applying, please make informal enquiries with Prof. Van Boom or Prof. Faure.
In the past, we accommodated the following visitors:
- Matthias Vandenbogaerde, PhD student Leuven University (Rotterdam Institute of Private Law Visiting Scholar 2009)
- Geraint Howells, Professor of Commercial Law at the University of Manchester (Erasmus School of Law Visiting Professor 2010)
In the past, the following academics were ‘Erasmus School of Law Distinguished International Visitor’:
- Eva Kocher, School of Law, European University Viadrina, Frankfurt (Oder), Germany (2009)
- David Milman, School of Law, Lancaster University, England (2009)
- Richard A. Nagareda, School of Law Vanderbilt U. Nashville, Tennessee, United States of America (2009)
- Astrid Stadler, School of Law , University of Konstanz, Germany (2009)
- Jenny Steele, York Law School, University of York, England (2009)