Visiting Fellows Programme
The research programme offers scholars the opportunity to visit our group for a short research stay. We offer an exciting environment for multidisciplinary legal research, and enjoy the exchange of thoughts and ideas with academics having research interests similar to our own. In 2012, we accommodated the following visitors:
- Jing Zhang (University of Beijing, China) (September 2012–December 2013).
- Ass. Prof. Nadezhda Butakova (Civil and Labour Law Department, North-West Academy of Public Administration, Saint Petersburg, Russia) (June 2012)
- Xiaoqi Zhao (Erasmus China Law Center - China University of Political Science and Law) (November 2011–May 2012)
- Ass. Prof. Dr. Magdalena Flatscher-Thöni (The Health and Life Sciences University) (October 2011–February 2012)
- Dr. Andri Wibisana (Faculty of Law, University of Indonesia) (October 2011–January 2012)
- From October 2012–December 2012, Gaia Massari stayed at the RILE. She is a PhD student of corporate and tributary law with Prof. Concetta Brescia-Morra at LUISS Guido Carli in Rome. During her stay in Rotterdam, she continued her studies on Post-MiFID Investors Protection: A European Overview.
- From Oct. 8–19, 2012, Thushyanthan Baskaran stayed at the RILE as a visiting researcher. He is an assistant professor at the Department of Economics of the University of Göttingen, Germany. He holds a M.Sc. in Economics of the Free University of Berlin, a Doctorate in Economics from the University of Heidelberg and was a postdoctoral researcher at the University of Gothenburg. His research interests are public economics, public finance, development economics, and political economics.
- Dr. Qi (George) Zhou visited ESL from August–December 2013 (ESL Distinguished International Visitor). George Zhou is a Associate Professor of Law at the School of Law, University of Leeds. He studied law at the Chinese University of Political Science and Law, the University of Bournemouth, and the University of Manchester. His research interests include law and economics of commercial contract law.
- Ass.Prof. Kai Purnhagen (University Wageningen, Law and Governance Group) (ESL Distinguished International Visitor)
Dr. Frank Fagan (Affiliated Researcher)
Prof. Franziska Weber (Affiliated Fellow) (Hamburg University, Institute of Law and Economics, Junior Professor for Civil Law and Law & Economics as of 01 October 2013)
- The Programme for Visiting Fellows is open to all academic staff – professors, PhD candidates, postdocs, research fellows, and so on – from any country. Obviously, the fellow’s research interests and activities during the visit should be relevant for the BACT research programme.
- The fellow commits to presenting his/her research at one of the BACT seminars and to participating in our academic gatherings.
- Note that BACT is not in the position to fund your accommodation in Rotterdam, but we will help you with arranging your accommodation. We advise you to make your own arrangements for travel, health, and liability insurance.
- If you consider applying, please make informal enquiries with Prof. Van Boom or Prof. Faure.
In the past, we accommodated the following visitors:
- Matthias Vandenbogaerde, PhD student Leuven University (Rotterdam Institute of Private Law Visiting Scholar 2009)
- Geraint Howells, Professor of Commercial Law at the University of Manchester (Erasmus School of Law Visiting Professor 2010)
In the past, the following academics were ‘Erasmus School of Law Distinguished International Visitor’:
- Eva Kocher, School of Law, European University Viadrina, Frankfurt (Oder), Germany (2009)
- David Milman, School of Law, Lancaster University, England (2009)
- Richard A. Nagareda, School of Law Vanderbilt U. Nashville, Tennessee, United States of America (2009)
- Astrid Stadler, School of Law , University of Konstanz, Germany (2009)
- Jenny Steele, York Law School, University of York, England (2009)