Other European funding opportunities
A complete list can be found on the European Commission website.
- Life Long Learning Programme (DG Education)
- EuropeAid External Cooperation Programmes (DG ECHO)
- PROGRESS (DG Employment, Social Affairs en Equal Opportunities)
- Intelligent Energy Europe programme (DG Energy)
- Competitiveness and Innovation Framework Programme (CIP, DG Enterprise)
- LIFE+ (DG Environment)
- Eco-Innovation programme (DG Environment)
- MARE (DG Maritime Affairs and Fisheries)
- Hercule (European Anti-Fraud office)
- Funding opportunities in the field of freedom, justice and security
- European Instrument for Democracy and Human Rights (EIDHR)
- Health programme (DG Health and Consumers)
- Eurostat grants
European Science Foundation (ESF):Each year, the European Science Foundation (ESF) announces a series of calls for proposals that provide the opportunity to propose collaborative research projects and networking activities with a European dimension.
EU Structure: Structural funds are instruments aimed at improving prospects on the labour market (ESF), the economic development of European regions, (ERDF) or economic cooperation between different EU regions and countries (INTERREG).
EU Tenders: As well as grant programmes in which ‘open calls for proposals’ are issued, many study assignments are awarded publicly in tendering procedures.
European Cooperation in the Field of Scientific and Technical Research COST
COST projects offer financial support in the form of ‘COST Actions’ – networks organised around nationally financed research projects, involving at least five COST countries, and based on a particular theme.COST offers financial support for joint activities like conferences, short scientific exchanges and publications, but does not itself finance research. Proposals for COST Actions may be submitted at any time via the Open Call for Proposals.
European University InstituteThe EUI hosts a number of fellowships for both young and senior academics. These are Max Weber Fellowships, Jean Monnet Fellowships at the RSCAS, and the Fernand Braudel Senior Fellowships. It also hosts externally funded postdoctoral fellowships, such as Marie Curie, Canon Foundation, and the Academy of Finland.
FellowShipProgrammes check EURAXESS: http://www.euraxess.eu
If you wish to apply for one of these grants please contact the ESL Grants Office.