Symposium and inaugural lecture Prof. Sharon Oded
- Maandag, 26 juni 2017, 12:30
- Maandag, 26 juni 2017, 17:00
- Campus Woudestein, Burgemeester Oudlaan 50, Rotterdam
Compliance programmes - beyond mere symbolism
Corporate scandals. Even though we hear about them repeatedly, they often still catch us by surprise. Recent events, such as highly publicised emission-cheating scandal, global corruption outrages and massive fraudulent accounting schemes are just a few reminders that the biggest scandals often begin with small acts of dishonesty.
• What is it that pushes people, including ordinarily honest people, to surrender to the temptation of quick profits and to engage in unethical behaviour?
• What can companies do to ensure they do not become the next big corporate scandal headline?
• How should we deal with the emerging enforcement trends of issuing skyrocketing fines, demanding investigations and increasing whistleblower risks?
Please save Monday, 26 June 2017 from 12:30 - 16:45 in your calendar and join us at our symposium and inaugural lecture to discuss these topics at the Erasmus University Rotterdam.
Additional information will follow.